Here are our two key considerations for pension provision:
It’s not the most glamorous of subjects and pensions as a whole can be confusing. However, regardless of your financial situation, you should start by asking yourself the questions below and let us guide you towards the best pension for you.
When can you afford to retire?
You should think about the financial position you will be in when you retire and are no longer receiving a salary:
- What outgoings will you have? Will you still be paying for a mortgage or rent?
- What lifestyle will you want? Will you explore the world or improve your home?
- Will you want to help your children and grandchildren out financially?
- Do you want a nest egg to make you feel comfortable about entering retirement?
How much do you need?
Consider how much money (both saved and disposable) you will need to afford a comfortable lifestyle when you retire. You can do this by answering the following questions:
- What income do you want when you retire? For example, you may consider you can live on £15,000 a year
- How much can you reasonable afford to save each month? For example, £80-£100 per month
Answering these simple questions will give us an idea of the landscape your future could take with a pension we will manage for you.